Acupuncture for Children is an excellent natural therapy treatment solution.
Children tend to respond exceptionally well to Acupuncture and Moxibustion treatment. Major illness and tendencies towards family diseases may be avoided during the main growing years of 3 through to 15 years of age. This is because throughout this time, the energy in the body of the child is at its most vulnerable and influential – meaning we can basically rebalance the way the body responds to any illnesses or familial diseases.
With efforts to rebalance these problems and tendencies now, the child may have less health concerns not only after a month or so, but also later in life and will be less likely to pass any family health issues on to their children. This is important especially in children who already have the following illnesses or may be likely to get these illnesses due to family health history and tendencies:
Some parents bring their children in for treatment even if they don’t have any illnesses – this is to assist in strengthening their bodies constitution in general (the health foundation in our bodies – those with a poor constitution will generally be more susceptible to illness)
In this sense, Acupuncture may be beneficial for managing:
- Allergies – Skin, Food
- Skin Conditions – Eczema, Rash, Dermatitis, Dry Skin
- Food Intolerances – Dairy, Wheat
- Respiratory Problems – Constant Snotty Nose, Recurring Colds
- Digestive Weakness – Abdominal Pain, Colick, Foul smelling bowel motions
- Family History of Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes etc
Treatment on Children under 8 or 9 generally doesn’t consist of using Acupuncture Needles. Instead variable Non Inserted Tools are rubbed or tapped on the skin at specific points or along specific channels, and/or Moxibustion treatments are used.
Specific Tools include:
- A ‘Tiger Warmer’ – a brass tool which gently warms points and builds the strength of the body
- Direct Moxibustion – gently stimulation of points with warmth; the same effect as a needle, but less invasive
- Shonishin Tools – Various smooth, round ended tools used to stimulate the points instead of needles