How Many Acupuncture Treatments Will I Need?
Each case is obviously different, & will therefore take varying times to respond. Most patients on average will need at least 4-5 treatments to see a long lasting change in the condition, however, many see symptomatic relief straight away. Depending on the history, duration and causative factors of the condition, results may take longer.
Most Sporting injuries will improve after 1 treatment, but generally at least 4 treatments are needed, preferably in a 2-3 week period, to get the injured area as strong as possible again – results again depend on the condition
What Does Acupuncture Treat?
Acupuncture has been used extensively in the East for at least 2000 years to successfully help the body overcome a wide range of evolving diseases, even to the point that many Hospitals in China consist of an Acupuncture Ward, where patients are treated with both Traditional & Modern Medicines.
Japanese Acupuncture techniques can help the body through a wide range of conditions from Musculo-Skeletal disorders to Organ based pathologies. Below is a brief list of common problems which Acupuncture may assist the body in overcoming depending on the condition & its duration:
- Digestive Disorders – Bloating, Reflux, Diarrhoea, Constipation etc
- Respiratory Disorders – Cough, Colds & Flus, Asthma, Sinusitis,
- Cardiothoracic Disorders – Palpitations, Angina Maintenance,
- Urogenital Disorders – Incontinence, etc
- Musculo-Skeletal Disorders – Sporting Injuries, Workplace Injuries, Arthritis, Myalgia
- Neurological Disorders – Post Stroke Recovery, Bi-Polar
- Emotional & Psychological Disorders – Depression, Grief, Anxiety etc
- Fertility & Menstrual Problems – Missed Periods, Painful Periods, Infertility, PMT
- Skin Diseases – Psoriasis, Acne, Eczema, Rashes
What Is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine filiform needles into points along the surface of the body, which form ‘energy lines’ known as meridians. These needles act to stimulate the movement of the bodys’ Qi (energy) and Blood to restore balance throughout the meridian & organ systems. It is by this process that Muscular & Organ based problems can be treated through needling specific points on the skin, which often aren’t in the diseased or painful area.
The aim and style of treatment used at BMBS concentrates on treating the underlying problems or imbalances in the body that can cause the main complaint to occur. These underlying problems or imbalances are usually preventing the natural healing processes of the body as well. After this is addressed, we also treat the problem area directly to asssit in the relief pain or discomfort – we don’t just patch up the problem and have the patient come back week after week if it’s not a necessity in treating the underlying imbalances.